Adhemar da Silva of Oliveira Rocha (2 July 1908, Valença, Rio de Janeiro – 14 November 1975, Rio de Janeiro ) was a Brazilian chess player.
He tied for 6-10th at Buenos Aires from 1934 to 1935 (the 5th South American Chess Championship , Torneo Sudamericano , Luis Piazzini won),  Took 4th in the Montevideo in 1938 chess tournament (the 8th Torneio Sulamericano , Alexander Alekhine won)  and was awarded the Brazilian Champion title for 1941. 
Da Silva Rocha represented Brazil in the 3rd unofficial Chess Olympiad at Munich 1936 and in the 8th Chess Olympiad at Buenos Aires 1939. 
Ademar da Silva Rocha won the Rio de Janeiro State Chess tournament in the years 1934, 1935 and 1937. He died on 14 November 1975 from cardiac arrest , while walking around downtown Rio de Janeiro. 
- Jump up^ “Archived copy” . Archived from the original on 2006-02-16 . Retrieved 2008-09-18 .
- Jump up^ “Archived copy” . Archived from the original on 2005-05-05 . Retrieved 2008-09-18 .
- Jump up^ “Archived copy” . Archived from the original on 2009-10-03 . Retrieved 2009-02-28 .
- Jump up^ http://www.olimpbase.org
- Jump up^ Epopeia do Campeonato Brasileiro de Xadrez [ permanent dead link ] (in Portuguese)