Arkadij Naiditsch (born October 25, 1985 in Riga ) is a German and Azerbaijani chess player who was awarded the title of grandmaster in April 2001.
In 1995 he won the European under-10 championship in Verdun .
Naiditsch was the clear winner of the Dortmund Sparkassen 2005 Tournament, ahead of higher-rated and well-known players such as Loek van Wely , Veselin Topalov , Peter Svidler , Vladimir Kramnik , Michael Adams , and Peter Leko . In 2007, he won the German national championship based in Bad Königshofen .
In 2011 he won the 15th International Neckar Open with a score of 8½ / 9. This achievement enabled him to cross the 2700 Elo rating mark.  In the same year Naiditsch played on the top board for the German team that won the gold medal at the European Chess Championship in Porto Carras .
Naiditsch won the Grandmaster Group B of the Tata Steel Chess Tournament 2013 in Wijk aan Zee on tiebreak over Richard Report after both finished on 9/13.  This victory qualified him for the Tata Steel Group A of 2014 (later renamed ‘Tata Steel Masters’).  In August 2014 he won with the black pieces against World Champion Magnus Carlsen , playing first board for the German team in the 41st Chess Olympiad in Tromsø . The following month Naiditsch won the 2nd Grenke Chess Classic tournament in Baden-Baden . In December of the same year, He finished first in the 38th Zurich Christmas Open . 
In January 2015 he tied for 1st-5th with Alexander Donchenko , Eduardo Iturrizaga , Matthias Dann and Miloš Pavlović in the Masters section of the Basel Chess Festival, winning the tournament on best tiebreak score.  The First Challenge of the Magnus Carlsen in the 3rd Grenke Chess Classic in February 2015, finishing second after a five-game playoff blitz , which ended with an armageddon game. 
In July 2015 he switched to the Azerbaijani Chess Federation.  On December 30, 2015 Naiditsch won the second consecutive year of the Zurich Christmas Open.  Six days later, he also won the Basel Chess Festival for the second year in a row. 
In October 2014, Naiditsch married Israeli chess player WIM Yuliya Shvayger. 
- Jump up^ “Arkadij Naiditsch wins convincingly the 15th International Neckar Open” . Chessdom . Retrieved 27 April 2011 .
- Jump up^ “Tata R13: Karjakin, Wang score, Carlsen wins Wijk by 1½ points” . ChessBase. 2013-01-27 . Retrieved January 26, 2016 .
- Jump up^ “Tata Steel 2014 starts tomorrow” . ChessBase. 2014-01-09 . Retrieved January 26, 2016 .
- Jump up^ 38. Zürcher Weihnachtsopen MeisterturnierChess-Results.com
- Jump up^ “Arkadij Naiditsch wins another trophy in Switzerland” . Chessdom. 6 January 2015 . Retrieved 28 December 2015 .
- Jump up^ McGourty, Colin (2015-02-10). “GRENKE Classic: Carlsen wins Armageddon” . Chess24 . Retrieved 28 December 2015 .
- Jump up^ Player transfers in 2015FIDE. Retrieved 12 December 2015
- Jump up^ “Arkadij Naiditsch repeats success in Zurich Christmas Open” . Chessdom . Retrieved January 2, 2016 .
- Jump up^ “Arkadij Naiditsch Wins Basel Chess Festival 2016” . Chessdom . Retrieved January 5, 2016 .
- Jump up^ McGourty, Colin (2015-08-12). “Naiditsch:” I’m not afraid of anybody ” ” . Chess24 .