Olavo Yépez Obando (born 20 August 1937, San Gabriel, Carchi) is an Ecuadorian chess master.
He won Ecuadorian Chess Championship at Pichincha 1962 Took 9th at Mar del Plata 1962 ( Torneo Latino-americano , Raimundo Garcia won),  tied for 3rd-6th at Havana, 1966 ( Pan American Chess Championship , Eleazar Jiménez won), [ 2] played at Caracas 1967 (zonal, Miguel Cuéllar won), Took 2nd, behind Silvino Garcia Martinez, at Santa Clara 1968 shared 1st with Eleazar Jiménez Zerquera at Quito / Guayaquil 1969 (zonal),  Took 15th at Caracas in 1970 ( Oscar Panno , Leonid Stein and Lubomir Kavalek won), took 3rd at Caracas 1973 (Kenneth Frey Beckman won), and took 2nd,Behind Jorge Rubinetti , at Quito 1975. 
Olavo Yépez played thrice for Ecuador in Chess Olympiads ( Tel Aviv 1964 , Havana 1966 , and Nice 1974 ) at first board. 
- Jump up^ “Mar del Plata 1962 – Torneo Latino-Americano” . Brasilbase.pro.br . Retrieved 15 June 2016 .
- Jump up^ http://www.brasilbase.pro.br/ti1966lh.htm
- Jump up^ “BOLETIN INFORMATIVO” . Archived from the original on 2004-01-02 . Retrieved 15 June 2016 .
- Jump up^ “Welcome to the Chessmetrics site” . Chessmetrics.com . Retrieved 15 June 2016 .
- Jump up^ Wojciech Bartelski. “OlimpBase :: the encyclopaedia of team chess” . Archived from the original on 2004-02-12 . Retrieved 15 June 2016 .