Simon Rotenstein (born ca.1890 – died?) Was a German chess master.
At the beginning of his career, he shared with Wilhelm Cohn , behind Carl Ahues , in Berlin championships in 1911, and won in Winterturnier des SK Springer the same year.  He played in two friendly matches Berlin vs. Prague in 1913 and 1914. 
In Winterturnier of the Berliner Schachvereins in 1923, and played in a match Berlin vs. Prague / Brno in 1923.
He took 10th at Berlin ( Café König ) 1928 ( Efim Bogoljubow won),  and tied for 5-8th in Berlin-ch in 1929. His best achievement was the first place (jointly with Ludwig Rellstab and Kurt Richter ) Berlin City Chess Championship in 1930.  Then he tied for 7-8th at Frankfurt 1930 ( Hauptturnier )  tied for 11-12th at Berlin 1932,  and played in a phone game vs. Berlin Hamburg in December 1932.
During the Nazi period in Germany, he won jointly with Sammi Fajarowicz and Jankel Mundsztuk in Jüdische Meisterschaft Deutschlands at Leipzig 1935. 
- Jump up^ Berliner Schachverband :: Wer weiß mehr über Simon Rotenstein?
- Jump up^ OlimpBase :: Friendly matches
- Jump up^ 20. DSB-Kongreß Berlin 1920
- Jump up^ Berliner Schachverband :: Berliner Schachgesellschaft
- Jump up^ Berliner Schachverband :: Café König 1928
- Jump up^ Berliner Schachverband :: Berliner Meisterschaft 1930
- Jump up^ http://www.anders.thulin.name/SUBJECTS/CHESS/CTCIndex.pdfName Index to Jeremy Gaige’s Chess Tournament Crosstables, An Electronic Edition, Anders Thulin, Malmö, 2004-09-01
- Jump up^ Roger Paige Chess Site :: 1932
- Jump up^ Chess: Hitler and Nazi Germany